Last night was the inaugural event for Webuquerque, a new Adobe User Group for New Mexico web practitioners, and it was a great success!
Social Media Works
In my first post on Webuquerque, I mentioned that we are utilizing social media to help promote Webuquerque. And based on last night's turnout, it is working.
If you aren't already following us on one (or more) of these social sites, please join/follow us.
Proof Is in the Pictures
We also have a Flickr group, and I've uploaded the pictures from last night's event:
You can also check out the entire Introducing Webuqeurque set.
Please feel free to comment, tag and make notes on any of these pictures. And be sure to join Webuquerque on Flickr!
Right around the corner is our first presentation: Social Media Means Business on Wednesday, February 4, 2009, beginning at 6:30 pm:
A discussion on using social media for business and communication:
- Albuquerque local and Comcast Vice President Scott Westerman will discuss building profitable customer relationships using social media, particularly Twitter.
- New Mexico political blogger Matthew Reichbach will discuss blogging as a communication medium, as well as using social media to promote his blog.
- Webuquerque co-manager Jason Nakai will discuss how Webuquerque is using Facebook, Upcoming, Flickr and Duke City Fix to promote the user group and connect/collaborate with other groups.
This presentation will be followed by socializing for folks who care to stick around.
As with last night's event, we planned to host this presentation at Uptown Sports Bar and Grill. But after realizing there was no door to separate our room from the noise of the bar, we are going to look into alternatives.
However, we are also going to speak with the owner about our options for turning off or down the music during our presentations. So for now, plan on Uptown. We will notify everyone immediately if the venue changes.
2009 Presentation Schedule
And be sure to mark your calendars with our entire 2009 schedule:
- March 4
- Topic: Cascading Style Sheets
- Presenters: Jason Nakai & Emily Lewis
- April 1
- Topic: Agile and UX Design
- Presenter: Kevin Silver
- May 6
- Topic: Web Standards & Accessibility With Dreamweaver
- Presenters: Virginia DeBolt & Emily Lewis
- June 3
- Topic: Workflows in Adobe CS4
- Presenter: Jason Nakai
- July 1
- Topic: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Presenter: Chris Kenworthy
- August 5
- Topic: Development Frameworks & Libraries
- Presenter: Mark Casias
- September 2
- Topic: Podcasting & Vodcasting
- Presenter: Vincent Ascoli
- October 7
- Topic: Microformats
- Presenter: Emily Lewis
- November 4
- Topic: Web marketing
- Presenter: Reid Givens
- December 2
Note: Topics and presenters subject to change.
A Huge Thanks
Thank you to everyone who joined us last night. We hope you enjoyed yourselves, and we look forward to seeing you at our future events!