We were back at Uptown Sports Bar & Grill, and had a decent turnout of about 21 people. If you weren't among that elite group (or maybe you just need a refresher) here's a recap, the slide deck, video and photos.
I began my presentation with a discussion of what microformats are and their various benefits, including:
- User experience enhancements like electronic business cards and calendars
- More meaningful search, such as Google's Rich Snippets
- Extensible data publishing
Next, I demonstrated some tools and services that utilize microformats:
- Operator Plug-in for Firefox
- Tails Export Plug-in for Firefox
- Oomph Microformats Toolkit
- Yahoo! CC Search
- Ident Engine
Lastly, I provided a bunch of resources to help people get started publishing microformats:
- My new book, Microformats Made Simple
- My Getting Semantic With Microformats blog series
- Microformats Wiki
- Microformats: Empowering Your Markup for Web 2.0 by John Allsopp
Video of Introduction to Microformats is available on Viddler:
Coming in November
Our last presentation for 2009 is Bigger, Faster, Stronger, WOW! Digital Marketing the Right Way on Wednesday, November 4, 2009, beginning at 6:30pm at Uptown Sports Bar and Grill.
In this presentation, 15-year marketing professional Reid Givens will demystify what digital marketing really is and what it is not. This talk will take a holistic look at marketing, focusing on the role digital media plays. The session will cover common mistakes and some advice on how to get it right … along side talking about movies, celebrities, bands and more.
Mark Your Calendar
Don't miss our November presentation! Sign up for reminders from your preferred social network:
NMAUG Holiday Party
The party is scheduled to be held at the downtown Doubletree's Ice Lounge. We are still in the planning stages, but will post final details soon.
Stay up–to–date about Webuquerque's activities and other local web-related events:
Changes Coming Soon
Hope to see you in November!