Responsive Web Design
- Building a Flexible Foundation for ee-podcast.com
- Script Junkie, the tutorial site I've been writing for since 2010, has been fairly quiet lately. That's because they've been making a move to MSDN Magazine. Now the move is (mostly) complete (aside from a few URL redirects they are still addressing), and tutorials should return to a regular publishing schedule. I've seen some of the topics lined up, and they are not to be missed! Speaking of not to be missed, I wrote an article for Script Junkie in…
- Mobile Sites with ExpressionEngine
- The latest episode of The ExpressionEngine Podcast is now live and available for your listening pleasure! For Episode 52, Lea and I discuss the distinction between responsive web design and dedicated mobile sites. We also talked about EllisLab's recent announcement to pull the official mobile theme from ExpressionEngine, as well as options for creating a dedicated mobile site with EE.
- Responsive Design With CSS3 Media Queries
- When I launched my freelance site, I did so with a fixed-width design. Why? Because working within the "known" parameters of fixed width was faster for me, and I needed to get the site launched ASAP. Of course, I realized that this meant my site wouldn't resize with different browser resolutions, nor would it always display in the best fashion for mobile users. I knew at some point, sooner rather than later, I would need to address these critical design…