- The Beauty of Semantic Markup, Part 3: Headings
- I always find myself drawn to fundamental concepts, because they can be deceptively simple. Headings are like that. You know, <h1>-<h6>. They seem simple until you take time to think … think about structure, semantics, accessibility, search engines and, now, HTML5's sectioning model. And I have, indeed, been thinking about headings lately, especially as I dive into HTML5 and (re?)consider the approaches I've taken in the past. So this series now shifts focus to <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <h4>, <h5> and…
- The Beauty of Semantic Markup, Part 2:
- So, I had planned to focus the second installment of this series on markup for images with captions. The topic was a request from my friend Ian and his birthday was coming up. However, his birthday has passed, and I'm just now writing. Plus, I've been thinking a lot lately about something more fundamental: bold and italicized text. This may seem a trivial thing to be consuming my "markup mind," but after Tantek Çelik's HTML5 presentation, it's been bugging me.…
- Webuquerque: Search Engine Optimization
- Two weeks ago, Webuquerque hosted Search Engine Optimization, presented by local online marketing expert Chris Kenworthy. We had a record turnout of over 50 people, including folks who made the trip down from Santa Fe. If you weren't able to join us, we've got everything to make you feel like you were there.