I am still working on getting a firm grasp on how to use ExpressionEngine.
Right now, I hate it.
I just spent four hours trying to configure my
htaccess file to "remove" the
index.php from my URLs.
My friend and boss, Ian, finally came to my rescue and sent me an
htaccess file I can (hopefully) massage to work for my purposes.
If this works, it will mean I can finally get around to some "real" work on my blog:
- Deciding what categories I want
- Deciding what features I want
- Getting clean, semantic XHTML in place
- Stripping away the default CSS
- Mocking up a fine-ass design
- Creating new CSS and graphics
- Writing some decent content
- Testing this mutha out to ensure it works the way I want it to
And, if all of that happens, I can (again, hopefully) change my very negative tune about ExpressionEngine.