A Few of My Favorite Things
There are those (rare) occasions when I absolutely love something.
- Book Review:
Securing ExpressionEngine 2
- I must admit up-front that this review is waaaaaaay overdue. It has been on my to-do list for months. But I have a good reason for the delay … or rather a reason … I didn't just want to say that Mijingo and Mark Huot put together a great resource with the Securing ExpressionEngine 2 how-to booklet. Of course, it's a fantastic resource. No one would expect anything less from Ryan Irelan (the man behind Mijingo) or Mark. I didn't…
- Book Review:
Building an ExpressionEngine 2 Site for Small Business
- I always figured I'd post book reviews here. I just haven't. In fact, thinking about it, I don't think I've ever actually written a book review. No better time to start than now. And no better book to start with than Michael Boyink's Building an ExpressionEngine 2 Site for Small Business But first, a disclaimer: I know Mike personally and professionally, I've taken one of his training classes, and I was one of the "early reviewers" of the book. I…
- How Do I Love Thee
- Three years ago, I made one of the best decisions of my life. I sold my house in Bowie, Maryland, hired movers, packed my cats in my car and proceeded to drive across the country to my new home in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Suck It
- The Bad: Eureka 2900 I have a shedding problem. No, not me. My two cats. While I've gotten things under control, cat hair is still a nuisance. A large part of the problem is I have a shitty vacuum cleaner. My Eureka 2900 sucks … and not in the good way. And it is a pain in the ass for vacuuming my hardwood laminate floors. It has a "bare floors" setting, but it simply doesn't do the job. I've been…
- The Best $40 I Ever Spent
- I love my two cats, Guinness and Jersey. Yet there is one thing I hate about having cats: the shedding. Guinness' shedding is particularly bad. While she's a short-haired cat, she has an undercoat that leaves behind clumps of hair everywhere she goes. From the day I brought her home almost 12 years ago, I have had to brush her every day. Still, the shedding was a problem. And I end up having to vacuum every day because I can't…