A Little Whine With the Cheese
Generally speaking, I'm a cynic and a pessimist. Though I have occasional bouts of something resembling hopefulness, I always seem to have something to complain about.
- You Get What You Pay For
- The other day, an acquaintance asked me to take a look at a not–for–profit site and offer some CSS feedback. I'm always willing to offer input and suggestions, but upon taking a look at the site it was entirely unclear to me what input I could offer other than the site needed a major design overhaul. As it turns out, a design overhaul is exactly what this acquaintance meant by "CSS feedback." He asked if I could create a mock…
- WTF Is the Big Deal? Don't Use
- Yesterday, Chris Heilmann threw together Should I use tables for layout?. It gave me a nice chuckle and I shared it on Twitter. Not even 12 hours later, I stumbled across this "gem" on Twitter: Give Up and Use Tables. Yes, I do have a sense of humor and, yes, I do appreciate that CSS can be a challenge, even for seasoned professionals. But what the fuck is the big deal with learning to do one's job well using the…
- Not a Big Fan of ExpressionEngine Right Now
- I'm frustrated. I am still working on getting a firm grasp on how to use ExpressionEngine. Right now, I hate it.