Yes, it's short notice, but mark your calendars: BarCamp Albuquerque 3 is this weekend.
- September 13–14, from 9am–6pm both days
- CJW Cafe on 4801 Alameda Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113
- A two-day event all about the web — design (visual, experience, information architecture), technology (infrastructure, programming), social and new media, and other stuff that is just plain cool.
Even better, yours truly is presenting.
Well, it's an opportunity to network (and not in the cheesy, business–card–pusher way) with other local and like-minded individuals (web and technology geeks).
And you just might learn a thing or two.
As mentioned, I'll be presenting a Web Standards Primer on Saturday at 2pm. I plan to cover (at a minimum):
- Definition of standards
- Importance of validation
- Separation of content from presentation and behavior
- Benefits (to designers, developers, employers/clients, users and the industry as a whole)
But the line-up offers something for everyone:
- Social media
- Open source
- Web 2.0
- and more!
So, try to attend this weekend, even if it is just to get to know some new folks. (Plus, I could use all the support I can get, as I'm nervous as hell.)